Tuesday, December 2, 2014

On the way to the post office...




It is a terrible weather day to take a quilt pic -- but my Pretty Potent Petal miniquilt is on its way to my swap partner!   I hope she loves it as much as I do.  

I made this from a charm stack of pretty potent (my swap partner is a lover of Anna Maria Horner fabric) and one random polka dot print.  The colors in the fabric are amazing -- and I love how they are highlighted by the white.  


To make:  Cut 25 - 5 inch squares of contrast fabric and pair with charms.  Make 4 HSTs from each pair and trim to 3 inch squares.  Arrange. Sew. Done! 




6 comments:

  1. Just found you through MAH's post. Just love, love your little quilt.
    I'm thinking of copying it for a larger quilt. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little quilt is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for not only sharing this stunning little gem with us, but also for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. allish, so what are the dimensions of the finished quilt? and what you're saying is you cut the charm squares (once they're paired) into fourths, and THEN stitched the half square triangles? thanks for your response :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you ever got a reply to this---but here is the answer. Lay a contrast square face to face on the charm square. Sew a 1/4" seam around all 4 sides. If you cut the units into quarters diagonally, you will have 4 HST's! 25 of these will yield 100 3" HST's, and she used 81 of them in the quilt. Laid out in 9x9 as shown, the finished top should come to 27 1/2" square.
      Set in 9x9 layout, the quilt top should come out to 27 1/2" square.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I was wondering about exactly the same thing.

      Delete